Welcome to the Naples Tiger Sharks for the 2020 Spring Training Program!
Per MWR facilities rule, all swimmers under age 14 must have designated adult supervision prior to, during, and directly following swim practice at the MWR gym facility.
For "Home" Address, please list your current PHYSICAL ADDRESS (if you live on base, this would be your building and house number). Thank you!
At least one parent/guardian registration is required.
New accounts will be sent an email confirmation message with instructions
to setup a password.
At least one parent/guardian email address must be provided.
Check the boxes to indicate which parent/guardians should receive team-wide emails.
Enter the information for each
being registered below.
At least one
registration is required.
Zip/Postal Code *
Please provide the primary family e-mail address (This e-mail address will be used to send team information.)
Please list the Sponsor's Rotation Date (MM/YYYY).
Please provide the Sponsor's cell phone number.
Please provide the Spouse's cell phone number.
Please provide an alternate family phone number (i.e., home phone).
Which school is your swimmer attending?
What grade is your swimmer in currently?
Which school is your swimmer attending?
What grade is your swimmer in currently?
A Sports Physical Clearance form is required for all swimmers prior to participating in practice or competitions with the Naples Tiger Sharks. I understand that my swimmer(s) will not be allowed to participate in any training activities until this form is on-file. Additionally, I understand that failure to provide a sports physical clearance form is not justification for a reduction in membership fees.
It is imperative that each family read, understand and accept the Code of Conduct prior to joining the team. The Code Of Conduct will also be explained directly to the swimmers, and each swimmer will need to sign their acceptance.
Naples Tiger Sharks Swim Team Code of Conduct
(Taken from By-Laws 2019-2020 Article 7 – Code of Conduct)
1. The overriding principle governing the code for Naples Tiger Sharks is that our swimmers are representing the Naples Military community and should conduct themselves accordingly at all times. This applies to any time the team gathers, to include (but is not limited to) traveling to and from school, during practice, in the locker rooms and facilities, while at the home of a host family, and at out-of-town meets. The following guidelines specify the expectation of the team, the rules, and regulations of the pool, the method by which infractions of rules will be handled, and who has the authority to uphold those standards.
2. Any swimmer whose behavior or attitude is judged by the Executive Board or coaching staff to be detrimental to the best interest of the team will be counseled in an effort to correct the difficulty. Should the swimmer fail to respond to the guidance provided, the swimmer will be subject to disciplinary actions as set forth in paragraph 3 below. (See Appendices A and B for Rules and Regulations governing swimmers’ behavior.)
3. Disciplinary Actions:
Should swimmers choose not to abide by or to disregard this Code of Conduct at any time, the following actions will be taken. Particularly egregious violations of the Code of Conduct may result in immediate resort to a more serious action from the list above rather than progression through the levels, including removal from the team.
a. 1st Offense: Swimmer will be verbally warned to stop the behavior. Swimmer will be notified that continuing to act inappropriately will result in sitting on the pool bench for a designated period of time.
b. 2nd Offense: Swimmer must sit on the pool bench for a predetermined period of time. Parents will be notified at this time.
c. 3rd Offense: Swimmer must leave the pool for the remainder of practice. Parents will be called and asked to pick up the swimmer.
d. 4th Offense: Swimmer will be unable to attend practices for a week. Parents will be contacted.
e. 5th Offense: Executive Board and swimmer’s parents/guardians will meet to discuss the offense and appropriate corrective action. At this point, corrective action may result in the swimmer not being able to participate in meet events or practices for an indefinite period.
Particularly egregious violations of the Code of Conduct may result in immediate escalation to a more serious response from the list above rather than progression through the levels, including removal from the team.
4. Swimmers, coaches, and adult representatives are expected to meet the same level of appropriate conduct. Anyone who feels these standards are not being met must submit their complaint in writing to the Executive Board. Once a complaint is made, the uninvolved members of the Executive Board will respond to the complaint in a timely manner and a decision will be made as to the appropriate course of action.
This agreement is in place to protect the swimmer, but at the same time is here to protect the team, and the team's use of the facility. Remember that the use of the MWR FitZone facility is not a right, and is one that we can lose. the facility age restrictions below can be found in CNIC INSTRUCTION 1710.3, as well as the MWR FitZone SOPs.
1st offense - swimmer will receive a verbal warning
2nd offense - swimmer will be asked to leave the facility
3rd offense - swimmer will not be allowed to return to the facility -
reinstatement will be determined and reviewed by NPS board and facility.
As a parent of a swimmer(s) of the Naples Tiger Sharks Swim Team, I will abide by the following guidelines:
1. I will practice teamwork with all parents, swimmers and coaches by supporting the values of discipline, loyalty, commitment, hard work and good sportsmanship.
2. As a parent, I will not coach or instruct the team or any swimmer (to include my own) at a practice or meets (from the stands or any other area) and/or interfere with coaches on the pool deck. I understand that I may observe practices but am to remain off the main pool deck area.
3. I will demonstrate good sportsmanship by conducting myself in a manner that earns the respect of my child, other swimmers, parents, officials and the coaches at meets and practices.
4. I will remember that the meets are for our youth swimmers, not adults.
5. I will maintain self-control at all times. Know my role: Swimmers – Swim Coaches – Coach Officials – Officiate Parents – Parent
6. I will support the coaches and assistants in whichever events they place my swimmer(s) and encourage my child to commit to the overall team concept.
7. I will not disrupt the coaching staff during practices or meets. Any questions/concerns, non-emergency in nature, can be addressed after practice or meet has ended.
8. I will ensure all emergency contact information is up to date.
9. I will inform coaches of any injuries, disabilities, or medical conditions that may limit my swimmer. Any injury that results in restricting practice or meet participation requires written documentation from a PHYSICIAN approving return to practice/competition. Any restrictions noted by a Physician will be enforced and written updates must be provided prior to practice/competition to negate the previous restrictions. This is for the safety of your swimmer. Sanctions: Should I conduct myself in such a way that brings discredit or discord to the Naples Tiger Sharks Swim Team, I understand that the NPS Executive Board maintains the right to terminate any membership with/without cause in the interest of our vision, mission, and objectives.
I hereby authorize the Naples Tiger Sharks swim team, to publish the photographs taken of my minor child, in which he/she may be included with others, including the surrounding areas depicted in said photographs, for use in any and all media without restriction for any private or public purpose. I also grant permission to use my child’s name, if desired, in connection with any said publication.
I further grant permission to copyright, re-use and republish photographic portraits or pictures of my minor child or in which he/she may be included intact or in part, composite or altered in character or form, without restriction as to changes or transformations made, through any and all media now or hereafter known for illustration, art, promotion, advertising, trade or any other purpose whatsoever. I acknowledge that since my child’s participation is completely voluntary, neither I nor my child nor any member of my family will receive financial compensation for the use of these photographs. I further agree that my child’s participation and the usage of these photographs confers upon me and my child no rights of ownership whatsoever.
I hereby relinquish any right that I or my minor child may have to examine or approve the completed product or products or the promotional copy or printed matter that may be used in conjunction therewith or the use to which it may be applied.
I hereby release the Naples Tiger Sharks swim team, its Executive Board, representatives, and assigns from all liability for any claims by me, my minor child, my family or any third party in connection with my child’s participation, including any claims and demands ensuing from or in connection with the use of the photographs, including any and all claims for libel and invasion of privacy. I also release them from any expectation of confidentiality for the use of said photographs.
I hereby affirm that I am the parent or legal guardian of the participating minor child listed on this form. I have read the above authorization, release, and agreement, prior to its execution; I fully understand the contents thereof. This agreement shall be binding upon me and my heirs, legal representatives and assigns.
The video equipment will be utilized during practice to video starts, turns as well as overwater & underwater stroke technique of NPS swimmers. The videos will then be reviewed by the coaches. Observations will be shared with the swimmers during a joint coach/swimmer review of the video. In some cases, the video may be sent to the family email on file for future reference by the swimmer.